Human Resources Consultant
Change Management / Labor Relations / M&A / Recruiting / Diversity / Downsizing / Succession Planning / Team Building / Performance Management / Compensation & Benefits / Multi-Plant / Post Merger Integration / Organization Development / Regulatory Compliance / Outplacement / Executive Transition / Training / Retention / Consulting / Negotiations
HR business partner and consultant creating competitive advantage and high ROI from human capital for TRW-Lucas Aerospace, Rockwell International and SCM Corporation. Aligns HR initiatives with overall business strategy. Measurable success in change management, business reengineering, restructuring, strategic planning and employee development. Combines practical experience, education and well-developed people skills to provide internal consulting at all levels and across multiple disciplines. Adept at building and leading cross-functional teams delivering effective business solutions in both domestic and international challenges.
Key Strengths: Developing compensation and performance management strategies supporting revenue growth and improved profitability. Creating and executing innovative programs to recruit and retain high potential talent. Training and motivating staff. Launching and managing change initiatives. Performing due diligence on mergers, acquisitions and divestments. Managing post-merger integration issues.
BS, Industrial Relations – Northeastern University.
Human Resources Consultant, Regal Management Inc., 2002 – Present. Manage consulting engagements in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, financial services, government, non-profit and technology. Recent assignments have included startups and large established international organizations.
Director - Human Resources, TRW, Aeronautical Systems - Lucas Aerospace, 1985 – 2002. Managed delivery of HR services for multiple locations nationwide. Held positions of increasing responsibility through five mergers.
- Human Resources member of international business process reengineering team responsible for redesign of global customer support organization. Reduced five locations to three and slashed overhead 40%.
- Negotiated and administered executive severance agreements resulting from M&A, consolidation, downsizing, divestment and termination. Avoided costly litigation and significant potential damage awards.
- Recruited for executive level positions up to Division President and managed employment for all levels.
- Lead spokesperson on labor relations issues for manufacturing subsidiaries and Group/Division Headquarters offices. Forged strong relationships based on integrity and trust.
- Designed and implemented “key employee” succession plans and ensured that recruiting programs were aligned with and supported objectives.
- Conducted “skills gap analysis” and implemented training and development programs for employees critical to attaining long term business objectives.
- Managed performance ranking process and administered compensation budget to meet agreed guidelines. Designed and administered compensation programs to meet unique situations and special needs.
- Chief spokesperson for plant closure agreement, covering 200 employees, with International Union of Electrical Workers. Agreement was negotiated on time and 20% under budget.
- Managed health, safety and environment initiatives including representing company with OSHA and EPA at federal, state and local levels. Division consistently ranked number one on international “balanced scorecard”
- Track record of utilizing superior project management skills to deliver results on a wide variety of projects and business challenges. Significant success negotiating lease agreements for business expansion.
- Trusted advisor to senior executive management on people issues related to performance, diversity, downsizing and post merger integration.
Director - Human Resources, CFK Press – Commercial Printer, 1980 – 1985.
- Established professional human resources function for high quality commercial printer.
- Key member of executive team that built company from startup to $40M sales and 400 employees.
- Initiated on-campus, college and technical school recruiting programs for graphic arts graduates.
- Wrote company’s first Policy Manual and Affirmative Action Plan.
- Designed and managed competitive compensation and benefit programs, maintaining non-union status in highly unionized industry. Avoided any union organizational attempts in five years.
Director - Human Resources, Rockwell International – Draper Division. 1979 – 1980.
- Recruited by Rockwell to close plant with 4000 employees and relocate business to South Carolina.
- Negotiated closure agreements with five unions and “stay put” agreements with key personnel.
- Petitioned Department of Labor and secured subsidized TRA unemployment benefits for former employees.
- Designed and conducted in-house outplacement workshops for all employees from direct labor to executive.
- Directed staff of five managers responsible for Employment, Security, Labor Relations, Benefits and Safety.
Manager – Industrial Relations, International Utilities – Walworth Industrial Valves. 1974 – 1979.
- Recruited for all salary positions on corporate staff and to Plant Manager at multiple manufacturing locations.
- Designed and administered performance based compensation programs.
- Company representative on grievances to arbitration with two locals of United Steelworkers of America.
- Member of negotiating committee for local and multi-plant basic agreements.
- Key participant in several anti-union campaigns during aggressive union organizational drives.
- Successfully represented company with OSHA, DOL and EEOC avoiding significant fines and penalties.
- Safety Manager for 400 employee foundry and machine shop. Reversed dismal lost time accident record.
Manager – Human Resources, SCM Corp. – Consumer Products Division. 1970 – 1974.
- Responsible for recruiting and employment with emphasis on technical and engineering positions.
- Managed salary administration programs – trained on HAY job evaluation system.
- Company liaison with third party administrators, actuaries and brokers for employee benefit plan design.
- Conducted HR audits and recommended corrective actions at plant sites and field office locations.
- Managed three employees administering group health pension and life insurance programs.